And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? -Micah 6:8
You are invited to take part in an exploration, a journey of discovery. The purpose of this “Brown Bag Lunch” is to provide an opportunity for Christian spiritual learning and development during the Lenten season.
You are invited to explore and grow with others as we consider questions to:
- become more aware of our own personal faith journey
- deepen our personal faith and relationship with God
- find support for our faith journey
- support the faith journeys of others
- consider ways in which our faith challenges us to act more compassionately and justly within the world.
The themes of the six sessions are:
- March 2 ~ How do you experience God in your life?
- March 9 ~ Who is Jesus for you?
- March 16 ~ The Bible: What does it mean to you?
- March 23 ~ Prayer: What does it mean to you?
- March 30 ~ Nurturing your faith: Which spiritual practices are best for you?
- ***Cancelled***April 6 ~ What is this community called church?
Each session follows the same basic format:
12:00-12:10 – Gather in circle
12:10-12:25 – Centering ritual and presentation on theme
12:25-12:45 – Eating lunch and discussing theme at tables
12:45-12:55 – Closing ritual
When: 12:00noon-1:00pm, Every Thursday, March 2-April 6, 2017
Where: St. Paul’s United Church, 224 York St., Fredericton stpaulsunited.ca 458-1183
Leadership: Rev. Richard Bowley, Pastor Sarah Magie
Brown Bag: Bring your lunch. Coffee, tea, and water will be provided.
All Are Welcome!